To develop a Ministry which addresses the needs of all people, regarding faith and social concerns. Building a multicultural, multiple generational congregation focused on demonstrating love regardless of personal background. Reaching non-Christians through the preaching of the word and Evangelism. To equip the Saints in the church planting efforts, and preparing a people for Christ's return.
Liberty Hall Church of God Inc., was founded and incorporated in 1980 under the leadership of Bishop Dr. Herbert N. Scott. The doctrine and teaching of this Ministry is based on the principle of the Holy Bible with an emphasis unholiness's Delineated in the Holy Book. The New Testament is primarily the basis our disciple, but we do believe in the complete Bible as a whole. We moved into our first church home, a store front building, 5201 Avenue D, Brooklyn, New York.
Over the years the upward mobility of this ministry compelled the body of Christ to consider looking for a larger area of space. Our second home was purchased in May of 1987, located at 1407 Flatbush Ave , which had become Liberty Hall Headquarters, this acquisition allowed for greater flexibility and opened the door to various In-house activities, community programs, and outreach ministries.
As the church has expanded, the congregation affirmed their trust in Rev. Scott by consecrating, and ordaining him to the Bishopric on May 4, 2002.
Acting on a vision from God and Bishop Scott's desire to empower his people he went out seeking a larger facility to fulfill his vision from God. In April of 2006 God miraculously made the provision for the vision. He blessed us with a multi-complex facility situated at 1387 East 96th Street, in the Canarsie Area of Brooklyn. Under divine inspiration from God, Bishop Scott decided to change the name of the church from Liberty Hall Church of God to Liberty Hall Cathedral of Praise.
We believe that every ministry is marked by significant events on it's journey. Perhaps none so bold and precipitous as a name change. The ancient Romans linked the name of an organization to its fate: "Nomen Omen", which means the name marks the future. Hence this name was enacted with a view to the future but, mindful of the past.
Today the Ministry finds itself on the brink of an exciting future and keeping in mind the recent growth. It is clear that the name Liberty Hall Cathedral of Praise reflects the reality of the ministry's pathway.
We bless God for seeing is through the wilderness, for making us realize that "What God has for you it is For You"
- In the verbal inspiration of the Bible
- In one God eternally existing in three persons; namely, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
- Jesus is the only begotten Son of the Father conceived of the Hoy Spirit, and born of the Virgin Mary.
- Jesus was crucified, buried, and raised from the dead
- Jesus ascended into Heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father as the Intercessor.
- All have sinned and come short of the glory of God and that repentance is commanded of God for all necessary for forgiveness of sins.
- That justification, regeneration, and the new birth are wrought by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ.
- In sanctification subsequent to the new birth, through faith in the blood of Christ; through the Word, and by the Holy Spirit.
- Holiness to be God's standard of living for His people.
- In the baptism with the Holy Spirit subsequent to a clean heart.
- In speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance and that is the initial evidence of the baptism of the Holy Spirit.
- In water baptism by immersion, and all who repent should be baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
- Divine healing is provided for all in the atonement.
- In the Lord's Supper
- In the premillennial second coming of Jesus. First, to resurrect the righteous dead and to catch away the living saints to Him in the air. Second, to reign on the earth a thousand years.
- In the bodily resurrection; eternal life for the righteous, and eternal punishment for the wicked.